Under the current Covid restrictions places of worship are allowed to remain open as the government recognises that they "play an important role in providing spiritual leadership for many individuals, and in bringing communities and generations together".
We will therefore continue to meet for socially-distanced worship on Sunday mornings. As rates of infection decrease and more of us receive vaccinations, we hope you'll feel able to join us.
Please let Laurie Everest (email@example.com, 01322 664165) or Peter Clarridge (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01322 404835) know if you are intending to come on Sunday. This will help us to make sure that we can safely accommodate everyone in the building.
We will continue live-streaming the services on our YouTube channel for those unable to make it out in person.
In order to meet together we are seeking to follow Government guidelines for places of worship. This will mean that things will not be as normal. Here are a number of things for you to take note of:
- You must wear a face covering when in the building, unless you have an exemption.
- The meeting will be kept to within an hour.
- Please take care to observe social distancing before, during and after the service.
- We will open windows and doors to maximise ventilation. Therefore, you may wish to consider putting on something warm if it is cold.
- Please enter through the main front door and exit through the rear side-door (unless you are unable to go up and down the steps), as a one-way-system will be introduced.
- If you are unable to observe the one-way-system because of the steps through to the rear exit, you will be asked to wait until everyone has left the building. You will then be able to exit through the main entrance.
- You will be asked to use anti-bacterial hand-wash as you enter and leave the building.
- You will be directed to a designated chair in the church upon entering the worship area by one of the stewards. This is necessary to accommodate everyone within the limited amount of space available to us.
- We are not allowed to sing with our voices (only with our hearts!). However, recordings of songs will be played on the screen.
- You will need to bring your own Bible, as there won’t be any Bibles or hymn books for you to use in the church.
- We would encourage online giving. However, where this is not an option cash will be collected in the boxes. You can put your money in a box as you enter or leave the building, but the one way system should be observed.
- If possible, we would ask you to avoid using the toilets. However, they will be open for people to use. Please use the spray disinfectant made available to sanitise the cistern handle and toilet area after use. Throwaway paper towels will be provided along with bins to dispense with them. Children should be accompanied by an adult to ensure procedures are followed.
- Unfortunately we are not able to provide a crèche or Outback for the children at this point in time.
- There will be no refreshments served after the meeting.
- We are requested to keep a record of those attending services for a period of time for the Track and Trace service. Therefore you may be asked upon entering to provide your details if we don't already have them. This is optional - you can still enter even if you refuse to provide details.
- Unfortunately the church cannot arrange transport for those who may require it. If you are intent on coming but need transport, you will need to ask someone within your bubble.
Before restarting services at the church we carried out a risk assessment, which we've kept up to date: Covid-19 Risk Assessment - 7th April 2021.